Essential oil extracted using expression from Bergamot peel (Citrus aurantium ssp. bergamia), organically grown in Italy.
Bergamot essential oil is renowned for its benefits:
- Antibiotic and disinfectant – inhibits the growth of germs, fungi, virus
- Antidepressant and stimulant – contains flavonoids that soothe nerves and reduce tension, while other components (Limonene) create a feeling of joy and energy.
- Analgesic – alleviates pain, being very helpful for headaches, sprains etc,
- Cicatrisant – helps fade away marks and scars
- Deodorant – the refreshing aroma combines well with the disinfectant properties
- Tonic and anticongestive – it tones up the respiratory and nervous systems, it relieves congestion during colds.
Use it as an active ingredient in handmade creams, lotions, soaps or masks, in diffusion mixtures (or put a few drops in a bowl of water to freshen up the air), hot baths or steam baths.
Bergamot oil should never be left exposed to sunlight, as one of its components, bergaptene, becomes toxic on exposure. Exposure to sunlight should be avoided even after it is applied to the skin, at least until it gets absorbed.
Authentic Plaza chose the Hevea essential oils because they have organic certifications and are manufactured in a ISO 14001 laboratory. We are committed to offering our clients authentic products that are unadulterated and undiluted.